Are you a blogger?
Do you share great content, but don’t know how to promote it?
More often than not, bloggers spend a great deal of time writing a great piece of content, and don’t spend enough time promoting it, with it fading into the background.
Not only have you got to write great blog posts, you need to promote it in a similar nature in order to gain traction, readers, and fans, that makes people sit up and take notice.
Within this blog post, you’ll learn 3 easy steps to promote your blog posts that encourages people to visit your website, encourage new readers to join your fanclub, and also encourages your current readers to come back for more.
I had great difficulty with promoting my blog posts when I first started out in the blogging world, which is why I want to help you with your new blog posts in 3 easy steps, so lets begin!
Promoting On Social Media
In order for your blog posts to gain the traction that you crave, you need to promote your blog post on social media.
Including the many forms of social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin to Google+, promoting your blog posts on social media is a crucial way to increase the number of views your blog posts receives.
Let’s run through the main channels for you to promote your posts;
- Twitter – Promote your blog posts by directing your audience to your brand new content, which is something that people love to read, because it’s relevant. Use words such as ‘NEW: [Followed by your content]’, ‘Brand New Blog Post:’, or stating that it’s brand new on your website
- Facebook – Write about your brand new blog post like you would be talking to a close friend, share why it’s relevant right now, that it’s important and new, and get them interested in what you’re talking about, which can encourage new likes and shares
- Linkedin – Form a post which is punchy, not too long, which perfectly sums up what you’re talking about
- Google+ – Using a similar formula to Facebook, use this social media platform to bring in extra keywords and popular phrases into your posts, that are likely to be searched from Google
When promoting on social media, make sure you embed images into your posts, which attracts people towards your content, and makes it stand out from the crowd!
Online Groups & Forums
One way that you can drastically improve the number of views your blog posts receives is by sharing it on online groups, forums and collectives.
If you’ve built a good reputation on these platforms, by helping others with their problems, sharing your advise, offering great resources, then this is a sure way to gain extra volume of traffic.
- Facebook Groups – One of the best ways to promote your blog posts is with Facebook Groups, if you’ve built a strong reputation, people will trust your sources, and visit your posts. Even if you’re new to certain groups, promoting your blog posts is a good way to gain initial trust
- Linkedin Groups – Very similar to that of Facebook Groups, use Linkedin to bring people to your professional content. (Your blog posts should be relevant however)
- Forums – These platforms are a great way to talk to other people, gain their trust, and help them with their problems, which your blog posts can help with. Talk to people, share your blog posts, and encourage them to visit your blog posts if you see it’s appropriate
Offline – Family, Friends & Networking
Promoting your blog posts isn’t all about the online form, but can also be promoted offline too!
Consider telling your family, friends, and the people you’ve met whilst networking, (or met away from the online space).
This is a guaranteed way to promote your blog posts, as these are your most trusted and loyal followers (hopefully speaking), who will tell their friends and family too, which is always what you want.
From here, a ripple effect can begin as more and more people begin to talk about your blog, and how you can help them with their problems or issues.
Don’t just promote your blog posts online, and tell people offline too!
Don’t Just Write, But Promote Too!
In order for you to build a successful and popular blog, you need to not only write consistently and provide your audience with great content, you need to also promote it too!
Promote it online via social media like Twitter to Google+, email, social media groups like Facebook and Linkedin, and make sure you also tell other people away from the online space, which can cause a ripple effect.
Share the same amount of time with your blog promotion and writing, and I’m confident you’ll start to build a blog which attracts many, many people!
How do you promote your blog posts?
Have I missed anything?
Comments are more than welcome below!
Summary Of Points
- Social Media – Promote your blog posts on social media, like Facebook, Linkedin to Twitter, and remember to let your audience know it’s new, as people like new pieces of content!
- Online Groups & Forums – Use your reputation on these platforms, like Facebook and Linkedin Groups, to gather new forms of people towards your content
- Tell your friends and family about your new blog posts, which encourages them to increase your word of mouth and exposure
- Repeat this process again and again for further success, and to help you build a strong and popular blog for your audience
Many thanks for listening to me today, be sure to comment below if you have any questions that you would like to ask me on this topic, I’ll love to hear from you. You can also check out me on Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus. Thanks again, and have a great day!